While it may always technically be summer in Los Angeles, we can all agree that the summer months bring out an especially enjoyable side of the city. There is much more to see, do, and drink from June to September and this is how we at Saucey plan to play it dirty, not clean, this Summer ‘16.
You’d be wise to join us in completing our Summer 2016 Checklist:
1. Take a day trip to Malibu up the PCH for the stunning views.
Make sure to eat the fresh and fried seafood at Neptune’s Net. Don’t sit on any of the Harley’s lined up out front without permission though.
2. Hit up Tacos & Trivia Tuesdays at Angel City Brewery in the Arts District.
No explanation required. Get all the details here.
3. Take in a perfect LA sunset
… and then watch Dazed and Confused brought to you on the roof of the Ricardo Montalbán Theatre courtesy of the the LA Rooftop Cinema Club. Get your tickets ASAP, it will sell out quick!
4. See a Dodger’s game…duh.
Save room for some delicious brats, Belgian fries, and beers post game at Wurstkuche.
5. Attend a Wine Tasting at Barnsdall Art Park.
All proceeds go to the Barnsdall Art Park Foundation and their ongoing mission to keep art education easily accessible to the LA community. They’ll also have CHEESE!
6. Stuff your face at Abbott Kinney First Friday.
Where LA’s best food trucks line up for your eating pleasure. Live music and ample shopping is also a plus. Get all the details here.
7. Take in the weird at the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
Happening the whole month of June…Long live the live performing arts! Get all the details here.
8. Go to LA Pride, especially if you never have before.
Pride happens this year from June 10-12th and it is always a rowdy and joyous time. Carly Rae Jepsen and Charlie XCX headline the actual festival, but you can still get the most out of Pride without forking over the $50 for the three day pass, just wander around WeHo.
9. Pretend you’re in Hawaii with a night spent at Tiki Ti.
The best kept secret on Sunset Blvd., because nothing says summer quite like too many Mai Tais.
10. Grab tickets to FYF Fest.
End Summer on a high note with Kendrick Lamar and LCD Soundsystem at FYF Fest in August, all your friends will be talking about it until next year so you better not miss out!